Description: The Series 280 and 420 Structured Media enclosures are used to terminate all of the home-run wires from wall outlets and provide a distribution point for voice, data and video wiring in a residence or multiple dwelling unit. These enclosures are ideal for new installations or retrofits. The 280 and 420 Structured Media enclosures (SMCs) can be surface-mounted or recessed by mounting between wall studs (on 16' centers), using provided wood screws for a clean and professionally finished appearance. After installation of the drywall, during the trim-out stage, the distribution panel(s) and cover can be installed. Hinged covers are also available.
- Cutout pattern in bottom accommodates all of the same AC power modules and DC power supplies as the 28" and 42" SMCs
- Mounting slots on the enclosure simplify adjustment for different sheetrock depths
- Sheetrock depth marks (1/2", 5/8' and 3/4") on the enclosure simplify alignment
- Lance slots provide clean cable management within the enclosure
- Product may be surface- or recess-mounted
- Flush-mount cover overlaps 3/4" to hide possible uneven drywall cuts around the SMC
- Ships with a cardboard insert to help prevent drywall debris or paint over-spray from entering the SMC during the rough-in stage of installation
- Mounting hook on the cover aligns screw holes for easier installation
- Multiple knockouts on the top and bottom support conduit up
to 2" in diameter and facilitate cable routing and entry
- Self-healing foam grommets protect cable bundles
- Holds 1/4 , 1/2 and full-width expansion modules with the
ability to mount most modules vertically or horizontally
Notice/Warning: Recess-mounting should precede drywall installation. SMCs MUST NOT be mounted in firewall applications. Due to the weight of this item, actual shipping will apply to any order containing this item.